Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Decorated Dishes from the Pratt Delaware Mission, 14WY411 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These dish fragments were recovered from excavations at the Pratt Delaware Mission in Wyandotte County in 1978. Two plate fragments that refit are decorated with a method called transfer printing or transferware. The other plate fragment is decorated in a transferware pattern called "shell-edged" that was popular from the late 1700s to the 1860s. The cup has a gold floral transferware pattern. The site was the second location of the Delaware Mission, operating from 1846 until the 1860s when the Delaware tribe was moved to Oklahoma.

Date: 1846-1905

Bookbag Share Print

Decorated Dishes from the Pratt Delaware Mission, 14WY411 - 1Decorated Dishes from the Pratt Delaware Mission, 14WY411 - 2

Decorated Dishes from the Pratt Delaware Mission, 14WY411 - 1

Item Number: 509506
Call Number: 14WY411
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 509506

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.