Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Buttons from Fort Harker, 14EW310 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These buttons were recovered from Fort Harker during the 1996 Kansas Archeology Training Program field school. Shown are two decorated metal buttons, a glass dome-shaped button, 2-hole glass and shell buttons, and a 4-hole glass piecrust type button. Fort Harker was located adjacent to what was to become the town of Kanopolis in Ellsworth County.

Date: 1867-1872

Bookbag Share Print

Buttons from Fort Harker, 14EW310 - 1Buttons from Fort Harker, 14EW310 - 2

Buttons from Fort Harker, 14EW310 - 1

Item Number: 508751
Call Number: 14EW310
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 508751

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.