Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Carter's Ink Banner from Fort Hays, 14EL301 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This brass advertising banner was recovered by Kansas Historical Society archeologists during excavation at historic Fort Hays in Ellis County. It may have been fixed to a display box for the Carter Ink Company (1858-1976). The banner states "CARTER'S PAT JULY 21st 68 INKS." Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971 and is a State Historic Site.

Date: 1867-1889

Bookbag Share Print

Carter's Ink Banner from Fort Hays, 14EL301 - 1Carter's Ink Banner from Fort Hays, 14EL301 - 2

Carter's Ink Banner from Fort Hays, 14EL301 - 1

Item Number: 508288
Call Number: 14EL301-2493
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 508288

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.