Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Bottles from the Jacob Creek Site, 14CS701 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These bottle fragments were recovered from a farmstead in Chase County and donated to the Kansas Historical Society in 2005. The side panel on the left advertises Seeley's Extract that was touted as being just short of 100% pure. The extract was manufactured by the Seely Manufacturing Company of Detroit, Michigan. The oval bottle base on the right with the word "ASEPTIC" was made by the Obear-Nestor Glass Company of East St. Louis, Illinois, from 1915 to 1929. The site was excavated in 1980 during the Emporia State University's archaeological field school.

Date: 1862-1929

Bookbag Share Print

Bottles from the Jacob Creek Site, 14CS701 - 1Bottles from the Jacob Creek Site, 14CS701 - 2

Bottles from the Jacob Creek Site, 14CS701 - 1

Item Number: 507981
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 507981

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.