Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Caps, Seals, and Closures from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These bottle closures were recovered during excavations at Constitution Hall in Lecompton. Shown are two lead seals (the larger has molded lettering), a foil cap (advertising Riker's), and foil cap liners. The hall was constructed in 1855 and functioned in a variety of different roles. Constitution Hall is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is a National Historical Landmark for its role in the 1857 Lecompton Constitution.

Date: 1855-1950

Bookbag Share Print

Caps, Seals, and Closures from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 1Caps, Seals, and Closures from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 2Caps, Seals, and Closures from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 3

Caps, Seals, and Closures from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 1

Item Number: 507198
Call Number: 14DO1444; -8635; -11128 & 14DO321-71-950
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 507198

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.