Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Jewelry from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These pieces of jewelry were recovered during excavations at Constitution Hall in Lecompton. Shown is a brass cuff link with an "M" monogram, a brass rectangular filigree pendant, a thin brass ring, a brass earring with floral decoration, and a sterling silver earring pendant. The hall was constructed in 1855 and functioned in a variety of different roles. Constitution Hall is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is a National Historical Landmark for its role in the 1857 Lecompton Constitution.

Date: 1855-1980

Bookbag Share Print

Jewelry from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 1Jewelry from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 2

Jewelry from Constitution Hall, 14DO321 - 1

Item Number: 507170
Call Number: 14DO321
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 507170

Copyright © 2007-2021 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.