Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Buttons from the Levi Mann Homestead Site, 14CS703 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These buttons were recovered from the Emporia State University's archaeological field school in 1981 and donated to the Kansas Historical Society in 2005. The oldest button, on the left, is made of shell, the one in the center is a 4-hole dish button made of white glass, and the button on the right with a swirl pattern is made of red plastic. This Chase County site was first settled by Rev. Levi Mann in 1866. The archeologist and his students believed another house was built directly atop of Mann's house.

Date: 1866-1950

Bookbag Share Print

Buttons from the Levi Mann Homestead Site, 14CS703 - 1Buttons from the Levi Mann Homestead Site, 14CS703 - 2

Buttons from the Levi Mann Homestead Site, 14CS703 - 1

Item Number: 506207
Call Number: 14CS704-4-2
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 506207

Copyright © 2007-2020 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.