Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Milk Bottle Bases from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These milk bottles bases were recovered from the Kaw Mission State Historic Site in 2018 during the Kansas Archeology Training Program field school. They were manufactured by the Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Company. The Mission was built over the winter of 1850 - 1851 by the Methodist Episcopal Church South as a school for boys in the Kaw (or Kansa) tribe. The site was acquired by the state of Kansas in 1951 and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.

Date: 1910-1929

Bookbag Share Print

Milk Bottle Bases from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 1Milk Bottle Bases from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 2

Milk Bottle Bases from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 1

Item Number: 505633
Call Number: 14MO368-882.001; 707.023.1; 851-13 & 897.004-1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 505633

Copyright © 2007-2020 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.