Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This set of postcards represent the Pratt County Courthouse in Pratt, Kansas. The four-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1909 and 1910. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features square tower blocks with pyramidal shape roofs. A statue of the Roman goddess Justitia is visible over the front entrance of the roof. In 1923 fire destroyed the roof and the top two floors of the courthouse. The building still serves as a courthouse but the square tower blocks were removed and the roof is flat in appearance.

Creator: Owl Drug Store, Pratt, Kansas
Date: Between 1900 and 1910

Bookbag Share Print

Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 1Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 2Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 3Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 4Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 5

Pratt County Courthouse, Pratt, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 473062
Call Number: FK2.P4.1 C *1-2
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 473062

Copyright © 2007-2022 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.