Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Jewell County Courthouse, Mankato, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is a photograph of the second Jewell County Courthouse in Mankato, Kansas. Construction on the two-story brick building began in 1887 in the town's public square. The facility features a pitch roof with rectangular and arched windows while the interior consist of thirteen rooms. The stone for the building was quarried from the farm of H.P. Diamond in the Richland Township. The structure served as the county courthouse until November of 1937 when a new courthouse was dedicated.

Date: Between 1887 and 1897

Bookbag Share Print

Jewell County Courthouse, Mankato, Kansas - 1Jewell County Courthouse, Mankato, Kansas - 2Jewell County Courthouse, Mankato, Kansas - 3

Jewell County Courthouse, Mankato, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 473003
Call Number: FK2.J3 .1 C *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 473003

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.