Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This set of photographs and postcards are of the Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett, Kansas. The three-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1901 and 1902. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features a bell tower, hip roof, and semicircular corner towers. A statue of the Roman goddess Justina stands over the west entrance of the roof. In 1972 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Date: 1902

Bookbag Share Print

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 2Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 3Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 4Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 5Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 6Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 7

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas - 2

Item Number: 472989
Call Number: FK2.A2 .1 C *5a-b-*6
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 472989

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.