Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Insignia from Camp Fletcher, 14EL307 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These stamped brass insignia were collected from Camp Fletcher in Ellis County and donated to the Kansas Historical Society in 2019. The hunting horn insignia was used for Infantry between 1858 and 1875. The "A" represents a company letter. Camp Fletcher was abandoned in 1867 after a severe flooding episode. The Army then moved to the location of historic Fort Hays.

Date: 1865-1867

Bookbag Share Print

Insignia from Camp Fletcher, 14EL307 - 1Insignia from Camp Fletcher, 14EL307 - 2

Insignia from Camp Fletcher, 14EL307 - 1

Item Number: 457605
Call Number: 14EL307 2019.C.17 & .19 Trimmer donation
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 457605

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.