Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These letters, spanning 1885 to 1888, are from various individuals regarding the Deaf and Dumb Asylum in Olathe, Kansas to Kansas Governor John Martin. Many letters discuss the appointment of the steward/physician for the school. Another letter discusses the appointment of Miss Daggy to fill a teacher or supervisor vacancy. The Deaf and Dumb Asylum was founded in 1861 and changed to the Kansas Institution for the Education of the Blind in 1877. It still exists today as the Kansas State School for the Blind.

Creator: Kansas. Governor (1885-1889 : Martin)
Date: 1885-1889

Bookbag Share Print


First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page

Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 1Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 2Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 3Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 4Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 5Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 6Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 7Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 8Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 9Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 10Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 11Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 12

Deaf and Dumb Asylum, Olathe - 1

Item Number: 454800
Call Number: Governor's Office, Governor John Alexander Martin, Correspondence Files, Applications and endorsements for jobs, Box 10 Folder 2
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 454800

Copyright © 2007-2022 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.