Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These two letters, dated November 6th, 1885 and May 5th, 1886, are from the superintendent, S. T. Walker, of the Kansas Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb regarding the institution to Kansas Governor John Martin. One letter discusses Miss Daggy's application to fill a teacher or supervisor vacancy acknowledging that her application will be put on file. The other letter is an invitation to the graduation ceremony. The Deaf and Dumb Asylum was founded in 1861 and changed to the Kansas Institution for the Education of the Blind in 1877. It still exists today as the Kansas State School for the Blind.

Creator: Kansas. Governor (1885-1889 : Martin)
Date: 1885-1889

Bookbag Share Print

Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - 1Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - 2Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - 3Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - 4

Deaf and Dumb, Institution for the Education of - 1

Item Number: 454766
Call Number: Governor's Office, Governor John Alexander Martin, Correspondence Files, State departments , Box 7 Folder 8
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 454766

Copyright © 2007-2022 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.