Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Clay Marble from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This clay marble was recovered during excavations at the 2018 Kansas Archeology Training Program Field School at the Kaw Mission. The clay marble is the size called "commies" or common and represents hours of fun. The Kaw Mission State Historic Site was built over the winter of 1850 - 1851 by the Methodist Episcopal Church South as a school for boys in the Kaw (or Kansa) tribe. The site was acquired by the state of Kansas in 1951 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.

Date: 1851-1951

Bookbag Share Print

Clay Marble from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 1Clay Marble from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 2

Clay Marble from the Kaw Mission, 14MO368 - 1

Item Number: 450969
Call Number: 14MO368-875.002-1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 450969

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.