Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

The two photographs represent Curtis Hall at Haskell Institution in Lawrence, Kansas. Curtis Hall was named after Charles Curtis (1860-1936) who was part Kaw Indian and Vice-President during the Hoover administration. The student kitchen and dining hall is within Curtis Hall. Established in 1884 as the Indian Industrial Training School, Haskell Institute evolved into what is now Haskell Indian Nations University.

Date: Between 1900 and 1940

Bookbag Share Print

Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - 1Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - 2Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - 3Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - 4

Curtis Hall, Haskell Institution - 1

Item Number: 449926
Call Number: FK2.D4 L. 76 HI *20-21
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 449926

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.