Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Brass Lamp Burner from Grinter Place, 14WY316 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This artifact was used as part of the burner for an oil lamp. The wick extended through the slot on the top. It was recovered from excavations at Grinter Place is a two-story brick home overlooking the Delaware Crossing on the Kansas River, and is now in the National Register of Historic Places. Moses and Annie Grinter (she was a Lenape Delaware) owned and operated a ferry and trading post there. Grinter Place was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.

Date: 1857-1920

Bookbag Share Print

Brass Lamp Burner from Grinter Place, 14WY316 - 1Brass Lamp Burner from Grinter Place, 14WY316 - 2

Brass Lamp Burner from Grinter Place, 14WY316 - 1

Item Number: 449263
Call Number: 14WY316-83
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 449263

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.