Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Bottles from the Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Shown are two small bottles that were recovered from the excavations at the Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission in Doniphan County by Kansas Historical Society archeologists and Kansas Anthropological Association volunteers. The Presbyterian Mission was built in 1845 and closed in 1863. After that part of the building was razed, the rest was used as a residence until 1905. The State of Kansas acquired to property in 1941. Both bottles likely once held medicine or pharmaceuticals.

Date: 1845-1905

Bookbag Share Print

Bottles from the Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission - 1Bottles from the Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission - 2

Bottles from the Iowa and Sac and Fox Mission - 1

Item Number: 449257
Call Number: 14DP384-58-1 & 14DP384-59-1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 449257

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.