Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Chain Mail from the Sharps Creek Site, 14MP408 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at KSHS.reference@ks.gov or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These fragments of chain mail were recovered from excavations at the 1992 and 1993 Kansas Archeology Training Program field schools at the Sharps Creek site. The chain mail, a series of small metal rings linked together, was brought to Kansas by Spanish explorers in the sixteenth century. The Sharps Creek site was a Great Bend aspect (ancestral Wichita) village in McPherson County.

Date: 1541-1800 CE

Bookbag Share Print

Chain Mail from the Sharps Creek Site, 14MP408 - 1Chain Mail from the Sharps Creek Site, 14MP408 - 2

Chain Mail from the Sharps Creek Site, 14MP408 - 1

Item Number: 440073
Call Number: 14MP408-275-1; 14MP408-790; 14MP408-2226-1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 440073

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.