Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Narrow your results

1850s (1)
1861-1869 (5)
1870s (7)
1880s (9)
1890s (8)
1900s (22)
1910s (16)
1920s (23)
1930s (28)
1940s (27)
1950s (15)
1960s (45)
1970s (14)
1980s (16)

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

undated 1977 (Box 49, Folder 4)

-

Random Item

Omar Hawkins photograph collection Omar Hawkins photograph collection

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 604,109
Bookbag items: 36,393
Registered users: 11,078

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 206

Category Filters

Built Environment - Register of Historic Kansas Places

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 25 of 206 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)
Next Page >


1867 flood, Fort Hays, Kansas

1867 flood, Fort Hays, Kansas
Date: June 08, 1867
This photograph represents buildings that survived the flooding on June 8, 1867 in Fort Hays, Kansas. At the time of the flood, the buildings standing in the photograph had been built approximately five months prior. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


7th Cavalry Camp, Fort Hays, Kansas

7th Cavalry Camp, Fort Hays, Kansas
Date: 1867
These two photographs represent different views of the 7th Cavalry Camp near Fort Hays, Kansas. In one photograph, men can be sitting in a field outside tents. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


7th Cavalry parade, Fort Hays, Kansas

7th Cavalry parade, Fort Hays, Kansas
Date: 1867
This photograph represents an evening parade by the 7th Cavalry near Fort Hays, Kansas. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


Administration Hall, Shawnee Indian Mission

Administration Hall, Shawnee Indian Mission
Creator: Kansas State Historical Society
Date: 1928-1939
This set of photographs represents the Main Building of the Mission that was used as the Administration Hall and the first Territorial Legislature of Kansas in 1855. In 1968, the Shawnee Indian Mission was declared a National Historic Landmark and has since been under the operation of the Kansas Historical Society.


Administration Hall, Shawnee Indian Mission

Administration Hall, Shawnee Indian Mission
Date: 1921-1939
This set of photographs represent different views of the East Building of the Mission. The East Buildling was used as the main and administrative building for the Mission as well as the first Territorial Legislature of Kansas in 1855. In 1968, the Shawnee Indian Mission was declared a National Historic Landmark and has since been under the operation of the Kansas Historical Society.


Archeological dig, Fort Hays, Kansas

Archeological dig, Fort Hays, Kansas
Creator: National Park Service
Date: 1966
This series of photographs represent different views of the archeological dig that was held in 1966 at Fort Hays, Kansas. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas
Date: Unknown
These five photographs show groups of people standing in front of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Madison, Kansas. The one-story wooden structure with batten siding and a gable roof was completed in 1879. The depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas
Creator: Murphy Photo
Date: Between 1929 and 1939
These two photographs show a track view of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Newton, Kansas. The two-story brick building constructed between 1929 and 1931 includes a passenger depot, Harvey House and employee dormitory rooms. Designed in the Tudor Revival style the depot has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. The facility operates as an Amtrak stop and businesses occupy the rest of the building.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas
Date: Between 1929 and 1939
These photographs shows views of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Newton, Kansas. The two-story brick building constructed between 1929-1931 includes a passenger depot, Harvey House and employee dormitory rooms. Designed in the Tudor Revival style the depot has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. The facility operates as an Amtrak stop and businesses occupy the rest of the building.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Newton, Kansas
Date: Between 1929 and 1939
This postcard shows a street view of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Newton Kansas. The two-story brick building constructed between 1929 and 1931 includes a passenger depot, Harvey House and employee dormitory rooms. Designed in the Tudor Revival style, the depot has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. The facility operates as an Amtrak stop and businesses occupy the rest of the building.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey House, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey House, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1930s
These two photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey House in Chanute, Kansas. The first image is a view of the lunch counter shaped like a horse shoe with swivel chairs. The second photograph shows the dining room with tables covered in white cloth. The two-story red-brick building, completed in 1903, is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot, and a Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1919
These series of photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. The first and third photographs show a street view of the depot, and the second image shows a west view of the tracks. The two-story red-brick building completed in 1903 is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot, with a Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1919
These two photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. The first image shows a group of people gathered along the platform of the depot. In the background the Chanute Milling company is visible. The second photograph shows a group of Harvey Girls gathered in front of the depot. The two-story, red-brick building completed in 1903 is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot and Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1913
This postcard shows a view of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. Standing on the brick platform is possibly a group of Harvey Girls. The two-story, red-brick building completed in 1903, is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot and Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas
Date: Between 1920s and 1930s
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Dodge City, Kansas. The two-story red-brick structure built in 1898 and designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style includes a passenger depot and railroad offices. In 2000, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, the building is operated as a Amtrak stop but service is limited to two trains daily.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas
Creator: Killam, H.
Date: August 17, 1964
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Madison, Kansas. The one-story wooden structure completed in 1879 was part of the Eastern, Lines, Eastern Division, Howard District along milepost 19.4. In 1991 the depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Madison, Kansas
Creator: Bohi, Charles W., 1940-
Date: Between 1960 and 1969
This photographs shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Madison, Kansas. The one-story wooden structure completed in 1879 was part of the Eastern Lines, Eastern Division, Howard District along milepost 19.4. In 1991 the depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and Chicago, Rock Island, Pacific depot, Atchison, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and Chicago, Rock Island, Pacific depot, Atchison, Kansas
Creator: Killam, H.
Date: March 15, 1958
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and Chicago, Rock Island Pacific freight depot in Atchison, Kansas. The two-story limestone building was part of the Eastern Lines, Eastern Division, Atchison District at milepost 0.5 and also part of the MO Kansas Division, Sub Division 30-A at milepost 519.4. The depot still stands and serves as the Atchison County Museum/Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.


Battle of Mine Creek centennail ceremony, Linn County, Kansas

Battle of Mine Creek centennail ceremony, Linn County, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Department of Transportation
Date: 1964
This photograph shows from left to right: Governor John Anderson; General Joe Michell, Attorney General of Kansas; Governor John Dalton of Missouri; and Professor William E. Berger of Drury College, Springfield, Missouri. The photograph of these men was taken at the centennial cermony of the Civil War battle at Mine Creek in Linn County, Kansas in October 1964.


Battle of Mine Creek centennial ceremony, Linn County, Kansas

Battle of Mine Creek centennial ceremony, Linn County, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Department of Transportation
Date: 1964
This photograph represents soldiers standing at salute at the centennial ceremony for the Battle of Mine Creek in honor of the Civil War in Linn County, Kansas in October 1964. Depicted in the photograph is Lawrence native Edgar Langsdorf (1911-2000).


Battle of Mine Creek centennial ceremony, Linn County, Kansas

Battle of Mine Creek centennial ceremony, Linn County, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Department of Transportation
Date: 1964
These two photographs from the centennial ceremony of the battle at Mine Creek in Linn County, Kansas depicts soldiers dressed in uniform with Governor Dalton of Missouri and Governor Anderson of Kansas.


Battle of Mine Creek markers, Linn County, Kansas

Battle of Mine Creek markers, Linn County, Kansas
Creator: Kansas State Historical Society
Date: 1971
These two photographs represent the historical marker commemorating the Battle of Mine Creek in Linn County, Kansas. One photograph depicts the marker from far providing a better representation of the entire marker while the other portrays the marker close to read the inscription on the marker.


Bedroom for Johnson children, Shawnee Indian Mission

Bedroom for Johnson children, Shawnee Indian Mission
Creator: Wolfe Commercial Photo Service
Date: 1942
This photograph represents the bedroom belonging to the Johnson children in the North Building of the Shawnee Indian Mission after reconstruction in 1942. The furniture represented in the photograph is made of walnut. In 1968, the Shawnee Indian Mission was declared a National Historic Landmark and has since been under the operation of the Kansas Historical Society.


Bridge, Fort Hays, Kansas

Bridge, Fort Hays, Kansas
Date: 1870
This photograph represents a bridge in Fort Hays, Kansas that passes over a stream surrounded by trees. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


Cavalry trooper, Fort Hays, Kansas

Cavalry trooper, Fort Hays, Kansas
Date: 1870
This photograph represents a calvary tropper with a saddle mounted horse at Fort Hays, Kansas. Fort Hays was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.


Showing 1 - 25
Next Page >

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.