Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Narrow your results

1880s (1)
1890s (2)
1900s (3)
1910s (3)
1920s (2)
2000s (3)

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lakin, Kansas Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lakin, Kansas

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 607,044
Bookbag items: 36,605
Registered users: 11,128

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 9

Category Filters

Business and Industry - Construction - Building materials - Stone

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


Architectural sample

Architectural sample
Creator: Quarra Stone Company
Date: between 1999 and 2005
Limestone block with one face finished with sample of a "pitch-faced" surface. Prepared by the Quarra Stone Company of Madison, Wisconsin as part of the 1999 to 2014 Capitol preservation and restoration project.


Architectural sample

Architectural sample
Creator: Quarra Stone Company
Date: between 1999 and 2005
Limestone block with one face finished with sample of a "pitch-crandle" surface. Prepared by the Quarra Stone Company of Madison, Wisconsin as part of the 1999 to 2014 Capitol preservation and restoration project.


Architectural sample

Architectural sample
Creator: Quarra Stone Company
Date: between 1999 and 2005
Limestone block with one face finished with sample of a "pitch-drove" surface. Prepared by the Quarra Stone Company of Madison, Wisconsin as part of the 1999 to 2014 Capitol preservation and restoration project.


Catholic Church, Selden, Kansas

Catholic Church, Selden, Kansas
Date: Between 1890 and 1925
This photograph shows the Catholic Church under construction in Selden, Kansas (Sheridan County). The structure was stone and was in the process of being roofed.


Construction of the Dunlap City Hall

Construction of the Dunlap City Hall
Date: 1916
This photograph shows the construction of the Dunlap City Hall in Morris County, Kansas.


E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas

E. W. Norris service station, Glen Elder, Kansas
Date: Between 1926 and 1930
These twenty-one photographs show the E. W. Norris service station under construction and following completion. Norris hired Frank A. Slack, Beloit, Kansas, to design the service station and Charles Eby to work on the interior. It was built in 1926 with native limestone quarried near Glen Elder, Kansas. The service station is located at the southeast corner of Market and Main Streets in Glen Elder. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.


Kansas Statehouse under construction, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas Statehouse under construction, Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Cone, W. W.
Date: 1888
View of the east and south wings of the Kansas Statehouse with the dome under construction. There are stones on the ground between the east and south wings.


L. W. Halbe collection

L. W. Halbe collection
Creator: Halbe, L. W. (Leslie Winfield), 1893-1981
Date: 1908-1912
The L. W. (Leslie Winfield) Halbe photo collection consists of 1500 glass plate negatives produced by Halbe during his teenage years. Halbe lived in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas, and began taking photographs of the region with an inexpensive Sears and Roebuck camera when he was fifteen years old.


Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas

Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas
Date: between 1895 and 1905
This sepia colored photograph shows Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. The campus is located on a 160 acres of land, donated by Kansas abolitionist John Ritchie, in the central portion of the capital city. Established in February of 1865 by the Congregational Church, the school was named Lincoln College in honor of President Abraham Lincoln. In 1868, the board of trustees changed the institution's name to Washburn College to honor Ichabod Washburn, a wealthy industrialist from Worcester, Massachusetts, who gave a $25,000 donation to the college's endowment program. The school was later renamed, in 1952, Washburn University of Topeka.


Showing 1 - 9

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.