Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Medicine Lodge, Kansas Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Medicine Lodge, Kansas

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 627,122
Bookbag items: 37,105
Registered users: 11,228

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 9

Category Filters

Places - Cities and towns - Delia

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


Entertainment system

Entertainment system
Creator: Admiral Corporation
Date: 1949
Short, compact walnut cabinet containing a television, radio, and record player. This console was purchased in 1949 by Frank and Minnie Rosser of Delia, Kansas. They purchased the system in St. Marys, Kansas, during the TV boom that occurred between 1948 and 1949. It was the first TV in Delia. The couple's daughter liked to use the record player and watched several children's programs on it, including "Captain Kangaroo" and "Howdy Doody." An Admiral advertisement from 1949 listed the price of the console as $399.95.


Kansas Film Commission site photographs, subject crops

Kansas Film Commission site photographs, subject crops
Creator: Kansas Film Commission
Date: 1980s-2000s
These are panoramic photographs of locations in Kansas created by the Kansas Film Commission to promote scenes to film companies. The panoramics were created by taking individual photos and taping them together. The photographs are arranged alphabetically by subject and then location. The subject included in this part of the collection is crops.


Kansas Film Commission site photographs, towns Caldwell - Everest

Kansas Film Commission site photographs, towns Caldwell - Everest
Creator: Kansas Film Commission
Date: 1980s and 1990s
These are panoramic photographs of Kansas towns beginning with Caldwell and ending with Everest. The Kansas Film Commission created the photos to promote Kansas locations to film companies. Many of the photographs show business districts and buildings. The panoramics were created by taking individual photos and taping them together. Towns and cities included in this part of the collection are: Caldwell, Caney, Carbondale, Cassoday, Cedar Bluffs, Cedar Vale, Centropolis, Chanute, Chase, Chautauqua, Chetopa, Circleville, Clay Center, Clayton, Climax, Clinton, Clyde, Codell, Coffeyville, Colby, Coldwater, Collyer, Colony, Columbus, Concordia, Corona, Courtland, Cuba, Damar, Deering (Dearing), Delavan, Delia, Denison, Denmark, Denton, Derby, De Soto, Dorrance, Dover, Dresden, Dunlap, Durham, Dwight, Easton, Edson, Elk City, Elk Falls, Elkhart, Ellinwood, Ellsworth, Elmdale, Emporia, Ensign, Eudora, and Everest. There are interiors of the Brown Grand Theatre in the Concordia folder. The theatre was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.


Medicine bottle

Medicine bottle
Creator: Obear-Nester Glass Company
Date: between 1919 and 1926
Empty clear glass bottle for Seelye's Wasa-Tusa, "For Man and Beast, Internal and External." The A.B. Seelye Company of Abilene was established in 1890 and incorporated in 1897. It became one of the few large patent medicine concerns in the central prairie states. Wasa-Tusa was first released around 1890. The Obear-Nester Glass Company of East St. Louis used the Square-N mark from 1915 until 1978. This bottle came from a drug store and soda fountain in Delia, Kansas.


Standard atlas of Jackson County, Kansas

Standard atlas of Jackson County, Kansas
Creator: Geo. A. Ogle & Co.
Date: 1921
This atlas shows maps of each township with the names of landowners. It has a patrons' directory, and plats of towns as of the year of publication.


Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas

Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas
Date: Between 1928 and 1930
A photograph showing students and teacher at Stach School located near Delia in Jackson County, Kansas. The people are identified as (left to right) back row: Josephine Simecka, Elsie Bahner, Iva Bailey, and Miss Slattery, teacher, and front row: Leona Simecka (second from left) and Betty White (far right).


Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas

Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas
Date: 1923
A photograph showing first grade students at Stach School located near Delia in Jackson County, Kansas. The children are identified as Sumner (second boy from left), Gwendolyn Lunger (middle), and Josephine Simecka (second from right).


Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas

Students at Stach School in Jackson County, Kansas
Date: Between 1928 and 1930
A photograph showing students and teacher at Stach School located near Delia in Jackson County, Kansas. People in the photograph are back row (left to right): George Bahner (fifth from left), Elsie Bahner (sixth from left), and Margaret Slattery, teacher, middle row: Bill Mitchell (far left), Hurla (second from left), Leona Simecka (seventh from left), Marvin Martinek (far right), and front row: Margery Hurla (far left), Betty White (third from left), Kenneth Cowan (fourth from left), and Mitchell (far right).


Union Pacific Railroad Company depot, Delia, Kansas

Union Pacific Railroad Company depot, Delia, Kansas
Creator: Killam, H.
Date: May 05, 1957
This photograph shows a general view of the Union Pacific Railroad Company depot in Delia, Kansas. The one-story wooden structure was located on the Kansas Division, Fourth Sub. Division at milepost 15.5. The depot no longer stands.


Showing 1 - 9

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.