Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Arthur L. Malherbe, World War I soldier Arthur L. Malherbe, World War I soldier

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 607,064
Bookbag items: 36,606
Registered users: 11,130

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 14

Category Filters

Built Environment - Materials - Ceramic Tile

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 14 of 14 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


H.W. Avery House, Clay County, Kansas

H.W. Avery House, Clay County, Kansas
Date: Between 1900s and 1920s
This black and white photograph shows a view of the Herman W. Avery's two-story red brick house with green Spanish tiles in Clay County, Kansas. When the Avery family first acquired the 1,000 acres of land it was used for raising Percheron draft horses, later becoming a feed and livestock operation. In 1964, the house and surrounding buildings were dismantled to make way for the Milford Reservoir on the Republican River. Some years later William H. Avery, former Governor of Kansas and son of Herman W., returned to the family farm to build a home on the remaining land.


H.W. Avery farm, Clay County, Kansas

H.W. Avery farm, Clay County, Kansas
Date: Between 1900s and 1920s
This black and white photograph shows the Herman W. Avery farm in Clay County, Kansas. When the Avery family first acquired the 1,000 acres of land it was used for raising Percheron draft horses, later becoming a feed and livestock operation. In 1964, the house and surrounding buildings were dismantled to make way for the Milford Reservoir on the Republican River. Some years later William H. Avery, former Governor of Kansas and son of Herman W., returned to the family farm to build a home on the remaining land.


La Posada Hotel, Winslow, Arizona

La Posada Hotel, Winslow, Arizona
Creator: Martin, William Lloyd
Date: April 18, 2009
These five photographs show the La Posada Hotel in Winslow, Arizona. The Mission-Spanish Colonial style hotel was built in 1929 for the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway. The La Posada opened in 1930. Today, the facility has been refurbished and reopened as a historical hotel. In 1992 the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places .


Pomona Tile Company

Pomona Tile Company
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows the drying room at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950s and 1950s
These two black and white photographs show the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows workers examining tiles at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Title Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City, and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
These three black and white photographs show the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows a group of workers assembling tiles at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: 1966
This black and white photograph shows the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows a group of men at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows a worker examining tiles at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufactures of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
These two black and white photographs show the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufacturers of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas

Pomona Tile Company, Arkansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kansas Industrial Development Commission
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
These two black and white photographs show the laboratory at the Pomona Tile Company in Arkansas City, Kansas. The company, a branch of the Pomona Tile Manufacturing Company of Pomona, California, was one of the largest manufacturers of ceramic-glazed tiles in the United States. The facility was located at Strother Field between the towns of Arkansas City and Winfield.


Roof tile

Roof tile
Date: between 1879 and 1880
This ceramic roof tile came from the Hetherington House in Atchison, Kansas. Webster Wirt Hetherington was a prominent businessman in Atchison. He worked at the Exchange National Bank his family established in 1859. Designed by architect Alfred Meier, the Hetherington house was built between 1879 and 1880 by contractor John Peterson. This tile was donated to the museum when the Kansas Historical Society was considering making the Hetherington House one of its historic sites.


Showing 1 - 14

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.