Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

undated 1977 (Box 49, Folder 4)

-

Random Item

Archery class, Topeka, Kansas Archery class, Topeka, Kansas

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 597,320
Bookbag items: 35,871
Registered users: 10,935

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 7

Category Filters

Built Environment - Materials - Concrete

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


Bridge over the Wakarusa River, Shawnee County, Kansas

Bridge over the Wakarusa River, Shawnee County, Kansas
Date: Between 1914 and 1966
This photograph shows a reinforced concrete arch bridge over the Wakarusa River that was built in 1914. It was on southeast Ratner Road near Berryton in Shawnee County, Kansas, and has since been demolished.


Capper building, Topeka, KS

Capper building, Topeka, KS
Creator: Dougherty's, Topeka, Kansas
Date: Between 1920 and 1929
This sepia colored postcard shows the Capper building located at Eighth and Jackson Streets in Topeka, Kansas. The building of Bedford stone, terra cotta and reinforced concrete, housed Capper Publications which published a number of newspapers including the "Farmers Mail and Breeze" and most notably "Topeka Daily Capital".


Capper building, Topeka, Kansas

Capper building, Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Capper, Arthur, 1865-1951
Date: Between 1920 and 1929
This colored postcard shows the Capper building located at Eighth and Jackson Streets in Topeka, Kansas. The building, made of Bedford stone, terra cotta, and reinforced concrete, housed Capper Publications which published a number of newspapers including the "Farmers Mail and Breeze" and the "Topeka Daily Capital".


Construction of the C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital in Topeka Kansas

Construction of the C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital in Topeka Kansas
Date: 1953
These six black and white photographs show the progress of the construction during the summer of 1953. This was on the 'East Campus' which developed around the original farmhouse location of the Clinic. These photographs document the construction of an important building in the Menninger philosophy of treatment, constructed to fit the treatment of the patients. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka, a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.


Manufacturing concrete, Logan County, Kansas

Manufacturing concrete, Logan County, Kansas
Date: Between 1960 and 1979
This photograph is showing the production of concrete at a plant in Logan County, Kansas. In the foreground a man is watching the production.


Nelson Antrim Crawford residence drawings

Nelson Antrim Crawford residence drawings
Creator: Wolfenbarger, Floyd O., 1904-1979
Date: Bulk 1937-1938
These architectural drawings show the interior and exterior details of the Nelson Antrim Crawford residence at 2202 SW Seventeenth Street in Topeka, Kansas.


Riddle Concrete Company, Salina, Kansas

Riddle Concrete Company, Salina, Kansas
Date: April 1963
These two photographs show concrete mixer trucks at the Riddle Concrete Company in Salina, Kansas.


Showing 1 - 7

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.