Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Narrow your results

1861-1869 (2)
1870s (3)
1880s (12)
1890s (15)
1900s (43)
1910s (45)
1920s (17)
1930s (5)
1940s (6)
1950s (12)
1960s (9)
1980s (2)
1990s (1)
2000s (1)

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

undated 1977 (Box 49, Folder 4)

-

Random Item

Views of Camp Funston and training for World War I Views of Camp Funston and training for World War I

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 597,320
Bookbag items: 35,876
Registered users: 10,936

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 98

Category Filters

Built Environment - Materials - Brick

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 25 of 98 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)
Next Page >


A. B. Hunt's garage, Liberal, Kansas

A. B. Hunt's garage, Liberal, Kansas
Date: Between 1920 and 1945
This photograph shows A. B. Hunt's Ford dealership and auto repair garage and employees in Liberal, Kansas. It is a brick structure with some decorative work and plate glass windows. A group of people are standing in fromt of the building.


Annie Julia Soule Prentiss residence, Lawrence, Kansas

Annie Julia Soule Prentiss residence, Lawrence, Kansas
Date: Between 1900 and 1915
This photograph shows the Annie Julia Soule Prentiss residence built in 1859, located at 11th and Massachusetts Streets, Lawrence, Kansas. Standing by the house are (left to right) Gertrude Neill (Annie Julia Prentiss' step-daughter), Kate Soule Kelley (possibly Annie Julia Prentiss' niece), Annie Julia Soule Prentiss, and Frank Prentiss (Annie Julia Prentiss' step-son).


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company's union depot and office building, Galveston, Texas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company's union depot and office building, Galveston, Texas
Creator: Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company
Date: Between 1914 and 1921
This black and white photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company's union depot and general office building in Galveston, Texas. The eight-story terra cotta and brick building was erected in 1914. In the background is the old red brick Union Depot and Office building built in 1876.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Gainesville, Texas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Gainesville, Texas
Date: Between 1940 and 1949
The black and white photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Gainesville, Texas. This two-story red brick structure was built around 1902 and housed a Fred Harvey House until 1931. Restoration on the building was completed in 2001 and today houses city offices and a museum.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Olathe, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Olathe, Kansas
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This black and white photograph shows the one-story brick building of the Eastern Lines and Eastern Division of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Olathe, Kansas.


Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Santa Anita, California

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Santa Anita, California
Creator: Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company
Date: Between 1920s and 1950s
This black and white photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Santa Anita, California. In 1970, the two-story red brick structure was moved to the Los Angeles State and County Arboretum where it was restored on the southern edge of the grounds.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Denton, Texas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Denton, Texas
Creator: Erb, Don
Date: Between 1940s and 1950s
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Denton, Texas.


Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Florence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Florence, Kansas
Date: Between 1900 and 1910
This photograph shows people gathering in front of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's passenger depot at Florence, Kansas. The one-story brick structure was a hub of activity for the small Flint Hills town. The depot is no longer in use but has been boarded up to protect it from vandalism.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Florence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Florence, Kansas
Date: Between 1950s and 1970s
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company's passenger depot at Florence, Kansas. The one-story "prairie style" station features a hipped roof with a semi-hexagonal operator's bay and a matching bay at the waiting room end. The depot is no longer in use, but has been boarded up to protect it from vandalism.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Sterling, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Sterling, Kansas
Date: Between 1950s and 1960s
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Sterling, Kansas. The one-story somewhat "prairie style" station features a hipped roof with a semi-hexagonal waiting room and an operator's bay. The depot has been refurbished and is in private use.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Strong City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Strong City, Kansas
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at mile post 131.7 in Strong City, Kansas. The one-story "county seat" style depot built in 1913, east of the original depot, features a gabled roof with a operator's bay, a waiting room and a freight room with a flat roof. The building is no longer in operation but was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Strong City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Strong City, Kansas
Date: Between 1913 and 1923
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Strong City, Kansas. The one-story "county seat" style depot built in 1913, east of the original depot, features a gabled roof with a operator's bay, a waiting room and a freight room with a flat roof. The building is no longer in operation but was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Bourbon County Courthouse

Bourbon County Courthouse
Date: Between 1892 and 1900
A photograph of the Bourbon County Courthouse located on the west side of National Avenue between Second and Third streets, Fort Scott, Kansas. The building burned to the ground on Jan 12, 1929.


Branner School, Topeka, Kansas

Branner School, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1911
This black and white photograph shows the first Branner School, copied from the Topeka Public Schools Annual Report, at Third and Branner in Topeka, Kansas. The two-story brick building was established as a white elementary school for the children of the capital city and served in that capacity until the school was torn down in 1911.


Brick home Cheney, Kansas

Brick home Cheney, Kansas
Date: Between 1899 and 1920s
An exterior view of a two story home built in 1899 from native brick and owned by the Hillman family from Cheney in Sedwick, County.


Brick residence, Lawrence, Kansas

Brick residence, Lawrence, Kansas
Date: Between 1895 and 1915
A photograph showing the exterior of a brick residence, Lawrence, Kansas.


Brick schoolhouse, Altoona, Wilson County, Kansas

Brick schoolhouse, Altoona, Wilson County, Kansas
Date: Between 1910 and 1940
This is a photograph of an unidentified two-story brick schoolhouse in Altoona, Wilson County, Kansas.


Brick school house, Wathena, Kansas

Brick school house, Wathena, Kansas
Date: Between 1930s and 1950s
This black and white photograph shows the first brick school house used as a colored school in Wathena, Kansas. The one-story structure was built in 1870 by Alfred Larzelere at the cost of $10,000.


Capitol, Topeka, Kansas

Capitol, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1917
This sepia colored photograph shows from left to right: Charles Henry Chandler state architect for the capitol and Rollin J. Blazo statehouse carpenter. The men are discussing the remodeling work to the east wing of the capitol in Topeka, Kansas. The original construction of the east wing began on October 17, 1866 when the first cornerstone was put in place. Thirty-seven years after that historic day, the statehouse was completed at a total cost of $3,200,588.92.


Carpenters in Plains, Kansas

Carpenters in Plains, Kansas
Date: Between 1900 and 1909
This black and white photograph shows carpenters building a two-story brick structure in Plains, Kansas. In the foreground to the right, the following is visible written across the metal container "Manufactured by Nelson, MFG & Supply Company, Hutchinson, Kansas".


Catholic Church, St. Francis, Cheyenne County, Kansas

Catholic Church, St. Francis, Cheyenne County, Kansas
Date: 1917
This is a photograph of the Catholic Church in St. Francis, Cheyenne County, Kansas, 1917.


Central High School in Ottawa, Kansas

Central High School in Ottawa, Kansas
Date: 1878
This early photograph shows Central School, Ottawa's high school.


Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad depot, Horton, Kansas

Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad depot, Horton, Kansas
Date: Between 1880s and 1890s
This photograph shows the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad depot in Horton, Kansas. At the top of the two-story brick building several individuals are visibly position along the window frames while two individuals stand below.


Collins Block and Hotel Greenwood in Eureka, Kansas

Collins Block and Hotel Greenwood in Eureka, Kansas
Date: Between 1905 and 1910
This is a postcard showing Collins Block and the Hotel Greenwood in Eureka, Kansas.


Construction of the C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital in Topeka Kansas

Construction of the C.F. Menninger Memorial Hospital in Topeka Kansas
Date: 1953
These six black and white photographs show the progress of the construction during the summer of 1953. This was on the 'East Campus' which developed around the original farmhouse location of the Clinic. These photographs document the construction of an important building in the Menninger philosophy of treatment, constructed to fit the treatment of the patients. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka, a residential scale community of 28 structures on a 350 acre hilltop campus. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.


Showing 1 - 25
Next Page >

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.