Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Narrow your results

1861-1869 (1)
1880s (3)
1890s (2)
1900s (3)
1910s (5)
1920s (2)
1930s (2)
1950s (10)
1960s (3)
1970s (1)
1980s (1)
1990s (1)
2000s (1)

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Milford John Morse, World War I soldier Milford John Morse, World War I soldier

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 607,064
Bookbag items: 36,606
Registered users: 11,129

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 27

Category Filters

Built Environment - Function - Government - Government Office

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 25 of 27 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)
Next Page >


A.R. Simpson, Greeley County, Kansas treasurer

A.R. Simpson, Greeley County, Kansas treasurer
Date: 1920
A.R. Simpson, Greeley County, Kansas, county treasurer seated in his office.


Album of Topeka, Kansas

Album of Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Ward Brothers, Columbus, Ohio
Date: 1888
This printed album contains engravings of public buildings and homes in Topeka, Kansas.


Buildings on the east side of Topeka Boulevard at 10th Street in Topeka, Kansas

Buildings on the east side of Topeka Boulevard at 10th Street in Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Kansas State Historical Society. Library and Archives Division
Date: Between 1960 and 1969
This is a color transparency showing the Docking State Office building, Standard service station, and the Kansas capitol in the background. The buildings were located on the east side of Topeka Boulevard and 10th Street.


Construction on the Post Office and Federal Courthouse in Topeka, Kansas

Construction on the Post Office and Federal Courthouse in Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Dollar Portrait Studio
Date: May 02, 1932-November 01, 1933
Here are photographs showing construction on the United State Post Office and Federal building located at 424 SW Kansas Avenue in Topeka, Kansas. The contract for the new building was for $608,000, but additions and changes ran the total cost to $615,512.67. Topeka received this building through the persistent efforts of former Vice-President Charles Curtis and Senator Arthur Capper, who urged the necessary appropriation bills through Congress. They succeeded in getting the Federal Building, which resembles the National treasury building, for their hometown. It is finished in Bedford limestone and St. Genevieve golden vein marble. The building was dedicated on December 11, 1933 and was large enough to house all of the Federal offices. People involved in the construction were Frank L. Moore, construction engineer and James I. Barnes, contractor.


Curtis State Office building in Topeka, Kansas

Curtis State Office building in Topeka, Kansas
Date: Between 2000 and 2001
This is a photograph of the Curtis State Office building in Topeka, Kansas. It is a five story building located on the southeast corner of 10th and Jackson.


Government building, Salina, Kansas

Government building, Salina, Kansas
Creator: Albertype Company
Date: 1908
This postcard shows a Government building in Salina, Kansas.


Government building and post office in Kansas City, Kansas

Government building and post office in Kansas City, Kansas
Creator: Kirk, Jno. W. , Kansas City, Mo
Date: August 13, 1911
This postcard shows the government building and post office in Kansas City, Kansas. The postcard was sent to Clifford Fullen in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.


Haskell County district court session in Santa Fe, Kansas

Haskell County district court session in Santa Fe, Kansas
Creator: Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936
Date: November, 1912
This is an interior view of people attending a session of the Haskell County district court in Santa Fe, Kansas. This image was obtained from a 1930 edition of the Sublette Monitor. The people are identified from left to right (top row) as: William Weider Lucus, sheriff; Myrtle Rice, court reporter; Judge William Howard Thompson; Albert Jasper, clerk of the district court and a Christian preacher; Clarence Glenn Dennis, county attorney and a lawyer in Sublette; (second row) T. W. Marshall, lawyer from New Ulysses; John Jacob Miller, pioneer publisher of The Sublette (then the Santa Fe) Monitor; an unidentified lawyer; Herbert White Stubbs, a lawyer from Ulysses; Henry Oscar Trinkle, lawyer from Garden City; Herbert Rhoades, lawyer from New Ulysses and later Nebraska; Charles E. Vance, a lawyer from Garden City; Albert Watkins, a lawyer from Dodge City; Arlon B. Crum, a lawyer from Lyndon, KS; Richard Joseph Hopkins, later a federal judge; Edgar Foster, a lawyer from Garden City; John Mars, a lawyer from Santa Fe; Lewis Antrim Madison, a lawyer from Dodge City, and Ralph Wallace, a Satanta merchant.


Kansas Film Commission site photographs, subject buildings

Kansas Film Commission site photographs, subject buildings
Creator: Kansas Film Commission
Date: 1980s and 1990s
These are panoramic photographs of locations in Kansas created by the Kansas Film Commission to promote scenes to film companies. The panoramics were created by taking individual photos and taping them together. The photographs are arranged alphabetically by subject and then location. This part of the collection contains photographs of buildings, including historic buildings, miscellaneous buildings, office buildings, unique buildings, and warehouses. Lecompton Constitution Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, and as a National Historic Landmark in 1974.


Kansas Judicial Center, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas Judicial Center, Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Worley, Barry John, 1949-
Date: October 1992
This black and white photograph shows the northwest corner of the Kansas Judicial Center in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the three-story building, located at 301 SW 10th Avenue, began on November 26, 1974, when Kansas Governor Robert Docking and his predecessor governor-elect Robert F. Bennett broke ground for the future site in a public ceremony. The native Kansas cottonwood limestone structure was completed in July 1978, at a cost of $12 million dollars. On September 17, 1978, the building was dedicated as the permanent home for the Kansas Supreme Court and the state's unified court system.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka
Date: 1965
This black and white photograph shows the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Creator: King, Orin C.
Date: February 3, 1957
These two photographs show a night view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1956
These seven black and white photographs show the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954, when Governor Edward Arn broke ground for the future office site in a public ceremony. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987, when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1960
These six colored transparencies show the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954, when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987, when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1957
This black and white photograph shows a northwest view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1955
These four black and white photographs show a view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a budget bill passes in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1955
These three black and white photographs show the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954, when Governor Edward Arn broke ground for the future office site in a public ceremony. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987, when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passes in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1957
This black and white photograph shows a southwest view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: November 8, 1957
This black and white photograph shows the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1957
This black and white photograph shows a view looking west of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passed in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1957
This black and white photograph shows a view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passes in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas State Office Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1955
These four black and white photographs show a view of the Kansas State Office Building in Topeka, Kansas. Construction on the twelve-story building, located at the corner of Tenth Street and Topeka Boulevard, began on October 26, 1954 when Governor Edward Arn in a public ceremony broke ground for the future office site. The steel frame structure with its 1,986 tinted glass windows was completed at a cost of 9 million dollars in March of 1957. For a number of years, the building was known as the Kansas State Office Building until January 9, 1987 when Governor John Carlin renamed the facility to honor the memory of former Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking. In May of 2014 a bill passes in the legislature for the authorization to raze the building.


L. W. Halbe collection

L. W. Halbe collection
Creator: Halbe, L. W. (Leslie Winfield), 1893-1981
Date: 1908-1912
The L. W. (Leslie Winfield) Halbe photo collection consists of 1500 glass plate negatives produced by Halbe during his teenage years. Halbe lived in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas, and began taking photographs of the region with an inexpensive Sears and Roebuck camera when he was fifteen years old.


Memorial Building, Topeka, Kansas

Memorial Building, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1914
A photograph showing people gathered at the corner of Jackson and Tenth Streets for the dedication ceremony of the Memorial Building in Topeka, Kansas. The building housed the Kansas State Historical Society and later the Attorney General and Secretary of State.


Pottawatomie Indian Pay Station, St. Marys, Kansas

Pottawatomie Indian Pay Station, St. Marys, Kansas
Date: Between 1880 and 1890
View of the Pottawatomie Indian pay station in St. Marys, Kansas. The one story stone building was a gathering place to make payments to the Pottawatomie Indians for their allotment of land that was allocated to them by the United States government.


Showing 1 - 25
Next Page >

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.