Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Narrow your results

1600-1699 (1)
1700-1799 (1)
1840s (1)
1870s (2)
1880s (24)
1890s (18)
1900s (37)
1910s (33)
1920s (32)
1930s (22)
1940s (22)
1950s (37)
1960s (11)
1970s (8)
1980s (6)
1990s (13)
2000s (14)

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Missouri Pacific Railroad employees, Horace, Kansas Missouri Pacific Railroad employees, Horace, Kansas

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 731,860
Bookbag items: 37,985
Registered users: 11,648

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 233

Category Filters

Built Environment - Architectural Style

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 25 of 233 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)
Next Page >


1000 S. Esplanade, Leavenworth, Kansas

1000 S. Esplanade, Leavenworth, Kansas
Date: 2002
This is a view of a large two story house located at 1000 South Esplanade in Leavenworth, Kansas.


1005 North 4th Street, Garden City, Kansas

1005 North 4th Street, Garden City, Kansas
Date: 1996
This photograph shows bungalow home located at 1005 North 4th Street in the Historic District of Garden City, Kansas. There is an automobile parked beside the left side of the house.


319 Broadway, Leavenworth, Kansas

319 Broadway, Leavenworth, Kansas
Date: 2002
This large two story house is located at 319 Broadway in Leavenworth, Kansas.


507-511 E. Sherman, Hutchinson, Kansas

507-511 E. Sherman, Hutchinson, Kansas
Date: unknown
This large two-story wood-framed house is located at 507-511 East Sherman in the Houston Whiteside Historic District in Hutchinson, Kansas. The District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.


512 E. Sherman, Hutchinson, Kansas

512 E. Sherman, Hutchinson, Kansas
Date: unknown
This large three-story wood-framed house is located at 512 East Sherman in the Houston Whiteside Historic District in Hutchinson, Kansas. The District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.


5 & 7 Greenwood Avenue, Topeka, Kansas

5 & 7 Greenwood Avenue, Topeka, Kansas
Date: Between 1890 and 1899
This is a photograph showing homes at 5 & 7 Greenwood Avenue located in the community of Potwin, which is part of Topeka, Kansas.


818 S. Esplanade, Leavenworth, Kansas

818 S. Esplanade, Leavenworth, Kansas
Date: 2002
This is a view of a two story wood-framed house located at 818 South Esplanade in Leavenworth, Kansas.


Anc. Tower, Andernach, Germany

Anc. Tower, Andernach, Germany
Creator: Hughes, James Clark, 1888-1964
Date: June 1919
Captain Hughes photographed the Round Tower of Andernach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. The photo was taken in June 1919, while Hughes was in Germany during the Army of Occupation. James C. Hughes, as part of the 35th Division, left Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and traveled to Hoboken, New Jersey, where he boarded the troop ship "Ceramic" on May 18, 1918. Hughes arrived in Liverpool, England, on June 1, 1918 and then landed at Le Havre, France, on June 9, 1918. Hughes fought in the battles of St. Michael and the Meuse-Argonne. He was at Verdun on Armistice Day, November 11, 1918. He took no photos of the actual fighting. He did take many photographs after the war as part of the Army of Occupation until he left France on July 18, 1919. A full biography of James Clark Hughes is available at the link below to Kansapedia.


Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas
Date: 1902
This photograph represents the Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett, Kansas. The three-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1901 and 1902. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features a bell tower, hip roof, and semicircular corner towers. A statue of the Roman goddess Justina stands over the west entrance of the roof. In 1972 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas
Date: 1902
This photographs and postcards represents the Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett, Kansas. The three-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1901 and 1902. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features a bell tower, hip roof, and semicircular corner towers. A statue of the Roman goddess Justina stands over the west entrance of the roof. In 1972 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas
Date: Between 1901 and 1910
This photograph represents the Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett, Kansas. The three-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1901 and 1902. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features a bell tower, hip roof and semicircular corner towers. A statue of the Roman goddess Justina stands over the west entrance of the roof. In 1972 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas

Anderson County Courthouse, Garnett, Kansas
Date: 1902
This photograph represents the Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett, Kansas. The three-story building designed by architect George P. Washburn was constructed between 1901 and 1902. Designed in the Romanesque style the structure features a bell tower, hip roof, and semicircular corner towers. A statue of the Roman goddess Justina stands over the west entrance of the roof. In 1972 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1919
These two photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. The first image shows a group of people gathered along the platform of the depot. In the background the Chanute Milling company is visible. The second photograph shows a group of Harvey Girls gathered in front of the depot. The two-story, red-brick building completed in 1903 is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot and Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1919
These series of photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. The first and third photographs show a street view of the depot, and the second image shows a west view of the tracks. The two-story red-brick building completed in 1903 is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot, with a Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Chanute, Kansas
Date: Between 1903 and 1913
This postcard shows a view of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Chanute, Kansas. Standing on the brick platform is possibly a group of Harvey Girls. The two-story, red-brick building completed in 1903, is designed in the Richardsonian-Romanesque style and includes a passenger depot and Harvey House. In 1987, the building was placed on the Kansas Register of Historic Places. The structure currently houses the Osa and Martin Johnson Safari Museum and the Chanute Public Library.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas
Date: 1972
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Dodge City, Kansas. The two-story red brick building, built in 1898, includes a passenger depot, the El Vaquero Harvey House, and railroad offices. In 1996 Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Company transferred ownership of the structure to the city of Dodge City, Kansas. The building has been refurbished and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Dodge City, Kansas
Date: June 19, 1950
This photograph shows a group of people waiting along the platform in front of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Dodge City, Kansas. The two-story red-brick structure, built in 1898, and designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style includes a passenger depot and railroad offices. In 2000, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, the building is operated as a Amtrak stop but service is limited with two daily trains.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Flagstaff, Arizona

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Flagstaff, Arizona
Date: Between 1940 and 1949
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Flagstaff, Arizona. The Tudor Revival structure built in 1926 serves today as an Amtrak station and visitors' center.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas
Creator: Brent, Orville Jr.
Date: February 14, 1956
These three black and white photographs show the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Lawrence, Kansas. The building located at 413 E 7th Street in Lawrence, Kansas, was designed as a Midwestern Modern architecture structure by Warren Corman and Warren Jones, graduates from the University of Kansas. Construction began on the depot in 1955 and was completed in 1956. It was part of the Eastern Line of the Eastern Division in the First District of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe system. The facility is currently operated by Amtrak for passenger service. In June, 2008, a group of concerned citizens formed Depot Redux, a non-profit organization, to restore the depot.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas
Creator: Killam, H.
Date: Between 1956 and 1966
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Lawrence, Kansas. The building located at 413 E 7th Street in Lawrence, Kansas, was designed as a "Midwestern Modern" architecture structure by Warren Corman and Warren Jones, graduates from the University of Kansas. Construction began on the depot in 1955 and was completed a year later in 1956 to become a part of the Eastern Line of the Eastern Division in the First District of the ATSF system. The facility is currently operated by Amtrak for passenger service. In June of 2008, a group of concern citizens formed a non-profit organization called Depot Redux seeking federal assistance for the restoration of the depot and someday transferring ownership of the building from Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway to the city of Lawrence.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas
Date: 1956
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. The one-story brick building is located at 412 East 7th Street and was designed as a Midwestern Modern architecture structure by Warren Corman and Warren Jones, graduates from the University of Kansas. Construction began on the depot in 1955 and was completed in 1956. It was part of the Eastern Line of the Eastern Division in the First District of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe system. A duplication of this image can be seen in Kansas Memory item: 218046.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas
Creator: Brent, Orville Jr.
Date: Between 1956 and 1957
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot at Lawrence, Kansas. The building, located at 413 E 7th Street in Lawrence, Kansas, was designed as a "Midwestern Modern" architecture structure by Warren Corman and Warren Jones, graduates from the University of Kansas. Construction began on the depot in 1955 and was completed a year later in 1956 to become part of the Eastern Line of the Eastern Division in the First District of the ATSF system. Today, the facility is operated by Amtrak for passenger service. In June of 2008, a group of concerned citizens formed a non-profit organization called Depot Redux which would seek federal assistance for the restoration of the depot and transfer ownership of the building from Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway to the city of Lawrence.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Lawrence, Kansas
Date: Between 1955 and 1970
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. In the background the No.335 is pulling into the station as a passenger waits to board the train. The one-story brick building is located at 412 East 7th Street and was designed as a Midwestern Modern architecture structure by Warren Corman and Warren Jones, graduates from the University of Kansas. Construction began on the depot in 1955 and was completed in 1956. It was part of the Eastern Line of the Eastern Division in the First District of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe system. A duplication of this image can be seen in Kansas Memory item: 218032.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Osage City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Osage City, Kansas
Date: Between 1912 and 1919
This photograph shows three men seated on the tracks in front of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Osage City, Kansas. In the background individuals are visible standing around the depot. The combination depot built between 1911 and 1912 is designed in the Mission Spanish Revival style and features a brick and stucco exterior. The one-story structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 11, 1989. The depot no longer provides rail service but houses the Osage County Railroad and Mining Museum.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Osage City, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Osage City, Kansas
Date: Between 1912 and 1920
This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Osage City, Kanas. The combination depot built between 1911 and 1912 is designed in the Mission Spanish Revival style and features a brick and stucco exterior. The one-story structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 11, 1989. The depot no longer provides rail service but houses the Osage County Railroad and Mining Museum.


Showing 1 - 25
Next Page >

Copyright © 2007-2020 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.