Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Winter 1977, Volume 43, Number 4

-

Random Item

Kansas Senate 1925 Kansas Senate 1925

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 602,357
Bookbag items: 36,268
Registered users: 11,023

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 11

Category Filters

Objects and Artifacts - Communication Artifacts - Documentary Artifact - Stereograph

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 11 of 11 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


Adair-Brown cabin, Osawatomie, Kansas

Adair-Brown cabin, Osawatomie, Kansas
Date: Between 1900 and 1919
This stereograph shows Emma Florilla Adair Remington and her two daughters Ada and Jessie in front of the Adair-Brown cabin before it was moved to the John Brown Memorial Park in Osawatomie, Kansas. The structure, built around 1854 by Samuel Glenn, was sold in 1855 to John Brown's brother-in-law Samuel Lyle Adair. The cabin provided a home for the Adair family but was frequently used by Brown for abolitionist activities. In 1912, the structure was moved to the highest point in the John Brown Memorial Park which is also the site of the "Battle of Osawatomie" where John Brown and thirty free-state defenders fought in 1856 against 250 pro-slavery militia. A stone pavilion was built in 1928 to protect the cabin's exterior. The state legislature appointed the Kansas Historical Society to maintain the site. In 1971, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Nickerson, Kansas

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Nickerson, Kansas
Date: 1879
This stereograph shows the first Atchison, Topeks and Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Nickerson, Kansas. The two-story wooden structure with batten siding was built in 1872.


Bickerdyke Hotel (Pacific House) in Salina, Kansas

Bickerdyke Hotel (Pacific House) in Salina, Kansas
Date: 1879
This is a stereograph of the Bickerdyke Hotel (Pacific House) in Salina, Kansas.


Kansas Pacific Railway depot and hotel, Topeka, Kansas

Kansas Pacific Railway depot and hotel, Topeka, Kansas
Date: 1879
This stereograph shows a horse-drawn wagon and carriage in front of the Kansas Pacific Railway depot and hotel in Topeka, Kansas. The building is later referred to as the Union Pacific Railway after the Kansas Pacific Railway merged with the Union Pacific Railway on January 24, 1880.


Salina, Kansas

Salina, Kansas
Date: 1870
This stereograph shows a view of Salina, Kansas.


Sixth Street in Topeka

Sixth Street in Topeka
Date: 1879
A stereograph view of Sixth Street looking east in Topeka, Kansas. Visible in this stereograph are business buildings, horses, wagons, and advertising messages or signs.


Stereograph

Stereograph
Creator: Underwood & Underwood
Date: 1901
Stereograph. "(64)-1560-Eiffel Tower, 300 metres (985 ft.) High - across the Seine from the Tocadero, Paris, France. Copyright 1901 by Underwood & Underwood." Underwood and Underwood was founded by brothers Elmer and Burt Underwood in Ottawa, Kansas in 1880 as a distributor of stereographs. The company grew and opened branch offices in Baltimore, New York, London, and Toronto, and in 1891 the headquarters were moved to New York. Starting in the 1890s, Underwood and Underwood began producing its own photographs in addition to distributing the photographs of others. Sun Sculpture Works and Studios was founded around 1890 in Westwood, New Jersey as a manufacturer of stereoviewers. Underwood and Underwood bought Sun Sculpture in 1901.


Stereograph

Stereograph
Creator: Underwood & Underwood
Date: 1903
Stereograph. "A Train Utterly Wrecked by the great Flood, Kansas City, Kansas. Copyright 1903 by Underwood & Underwood." Underwood and Underwood was founded by brothers Elmer and Burt Underwood in Ottawa, Kansas in 1880 as a distributor of stereographs. The company grew and opened branch offices in Baltimore, New York, London, and Toronto, and in 1891 the headquarters were moved to New York. Starting in the 1890s, Underwood and Underwood began producing its own photographs in addition to distributing the photographs of others. Sun Sculpture Works and Studios was founded around 1890 in Westwood, New Jersey as a manufacturer of stereoviewers. Underwood and Underwood bought Sun Sculpture in 1901.


Stereograph

Stereograph
Creator: Underwood & Underwood
Date: 1906
Stereograph. "7912. The Automobile Somnambulist - 'Keep Quiet, I'll Have it going in a minute.' Copyright 1906 by Underwood & Underwood. U-87866". Underwood and Underwood was founded by brothers Elmer and Burt Underwood in Ottawa, Kansas in 1880 as a distributor of stereographs. The company grew and opened branch offices in Baltimore, New York, London, and Toronto, and in 1891 the headquarters were moved to New York. Starting in the 1890s, Underwood and Underwood began producing its own photographs in addition to distributing the photographs of others. Sun Sculpture Works and Studios was founded around 1890 in Westwood, New Jersey as a manufacturer of stereoviewers. Underwood and Underwood bought Sun Sculpture in 1901.


Stereograph

Stereograph
Creator: Underwood & Underwood
Date: 1897
Stereograph. "Her Majesty Queen Victoria At Breakfast with Princesses Beatrice and Victoria in the 60th year of her Reign. Copyright 1897 by Underwood & Underwood." Underwood and Underwood was founded by brothers Elmer and Burt Underwood in Ottawa, Kansas in 1880 as a distributor of stereographs. The company grew and opened branch offices in Baltimore, New York, London, and Toronto, and in 1891 the headquarters were moved to New York. Starting in the 1890s, Underwood and Underwood began producing its own photographs in addition to distributing the photographs of others. Sun Sculpture Works and Studios was founded around 1890 in Westwood, New Jersey as a manufacturer of stereoviewers. Underwood and Underwood bought Sun Sculpture in 1901.


Stereograph

Stereograph
Creator: Underwood & Underwood
Date: 1904
Stereograph. "Electric Illumination of the Cascades and of Education and Mines Buildings, World's Fair, St. Louis, U.S.A. Copyright 1904 by Underwood & Underwood." Underwood and Underwood was founded by brothers Elmer and Burt Underwood in Ottawa, Kansas in 1880 as a distributor of stereographs. The company grew and opened branch offices in Baltimore, New York, London, and Toronto, and in 1891 the headquarters were moved to New York. Starting in the 1890s, Underwood and Underwood began producing its own photographs in addition to distributing the photographs of others. Sun Sculpture Works and Studios was founded around 1890 in Westwood, New Jersey as a manufacturer of stereoviewers. Underwood and Underwood bought Sun Sculpture in 1901.


Showing 1 - 11

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.