Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

undated 1977 (Box 49, Folder 4)

-

Random Item

James F. Grinter James F. Grinter

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 597,314
Bookbag items: 35,868
Registered users: 10,931

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 53

Category Filters

Government and Politics - State Government - State agencies and programs - Agencies - Industrial School for Boys

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 25 of 53 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)
Next Page >


Aerial view of the Topeka Juvenile Correctional Facility in Topeka, Kansas

Aerial view of the Topeka Juvenile Correctional Facility in Topeka, Kansas
Creator: Juvenile Correctional Facility at Topeka
Date: Between 1950 and 1959
This is an aerial photograph of the Boys Industrial School, later the Topeka Juvenile Correctional Facility. The Boys Industrial School opened its doors in 1881 to educate young men who had committed criminal acts.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1910

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1910
Creator: Kansas. Board of Control
Date: 1910
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Control of State Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, chaplain, and parole agent. General statistics on the school are also listed.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1912

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1912
Creator: Kansas. Board of Control
Date: 1912
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Control of State Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent and parole agent. General statistics on the school are also listed.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1914

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1914
Creator: Kansas. Board of Corrections
Date: 1914
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. This item includes reports from the superintendent and parole agent. General statistics on the school are also listed.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1916

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1916
Creator: Kansas. Board of Corrections
Date: 1916
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item is the superintendent's report as well as general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1918

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1918
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1918
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item is the superintendent's report as well as general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1920

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1920
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1920
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, parole, and farm and garden. Also included are general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1922

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1922
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1922
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Listed in this item is the superintendent's report and general statistics. Also included are individual accounts of the students and their circumstances before coming to the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1924

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1924
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1924
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, secretary, stewardess, and parole agent. Also listed are general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1926

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1926
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1926
This is the twenty-third biennial report of the Boys' Industrial School in Topeka, Kansas. Samuel G. Clarke was the superintendent.The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent and secretary. Also listed are general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1928

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1928
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1928
This is the twenty-fourth biennial report of the Boys' Industrial School in Topeka, Kansas. Louis D. White was the superintendent. The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, secretary, and parole agent. Also listed are general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1930

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1930
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1930
This is the twenty-fifth biennial report of the Boys' Industrial School in Topeka, Kansas. W. A. Smith was the superintendent. The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, medical agent, and parole agent. Also listed are general statistics on the school.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1932

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1932
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1932
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, parole agent, head matron, and farm superintendent. General statistics on the school are also listed.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1934

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1934
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1934
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from the superintendent, health department, educational department, institutional and industrial departments, and secretary. General statistics on the school are also listed.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1936

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1936
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1936
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1938

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1938
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Administration
Date: 1938
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1940

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1940
Creator: Kansas. State Department of Social Welfare
Date: 1940
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1942

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1942
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Social Welfare
Date: 1942
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1944

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1944
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Social Welfare
Date: 1944
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1946

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1946
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Social Welfare
Date: 1946
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1948

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1948
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Social Welfare
Date: 1948
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1950

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1950
Creator: Kansas. State Board of Social Welfare
Date: 1950
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1952

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1952
Creator: Kansas. State Department of Social Welfare
Date: 1952
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1954

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1954
Creator: Kansas. State Department of Social Welfare
Date: 1954
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1956

Biennial report of the Boys Industrial School, 1956
Creator: Kansas. State Department of Social Welfare
Date: 1956
The Kansas State Reform School, also known as the Industrial School for Boys, was established in 1879 by a legislative act that appropriated $35,000 for the erection of buildings, etc., in Topeka, Kansas. Control and supervision of the school was placed in the hands of the Board of Trustees of Charitable Institutions. The school was located 3 miles north of the capitol building on an original tract of 170 acres that was given by the city of Topeka. The west wing of the main building was opened on June 1, 1881. The school taught boys the rudiments of useful employment as a means of supporting themselves after being discharged from the facility. The boys learned, among other things, tailoring, shoe and harness making, woodworking of various kinds, baking, and printing. Information included in this item are reports from various departments as well as general school statistics.


Showing 1 - 25
Next Page >

Copyright © 2007-2019 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.