Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

-

Log In

Username:

Password:

After login, go to:

Register
Forgot Username?
Forgot Password?

Browse Users
Contact us

-

Martha Farnsworth

-

Podcast Archive

Governor Mike Hayden Interview
Details
Listen Now
Subscribe - iTunesSubscribe - RSS

More podcasts

-

Popular Item

Volume 17, 1926-1928

-

Random Item

Riverside Camp near Topeka, Kansas Riverside Camp near Topeka, Kansas

-

Site Statistics

Total images: 730,449
Bookbag items: 37,549
Registered users: 11,468

-

About

Kansas Memory has been created by the Kansas State Historical Society to share its historical collections via the Internet. Read more.

-

Syndication

Matching items: 2

Category Filters

Objects and Artifacts - Recreational Artifacts - Toy - Doll - Paper

Search within these results


       

Search Tips

Start Over | RSS Feed RSS Feed

View: Image Only | Title Only | Detailed
Sort by: TitleSort by Title, Ascending | Date | Creator | Newest

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 (results per page: 10 | 25 | 50)


Little Orphan Annie shadowettes

Little Orphan Annie shadowettes
Date: between 1931 and 1942
Six paper Little Orphan Annie Shadowettes made between 1931 and 1942. Little Orphan Annie was a daily syndicated newspaper comic strip from 1924 to 1968. The strip followed the adventures of Annie, her dog Sandy, benefactor Daddy Warbucks and secondary characters. It was made into a radio show (1931-1942), two films (1932 &1938), and a Broadway show (1977).


Paper Doll from the Shawnee Indian Mission, 14JO362

Paper Doll from the Shawnee Indian Mission, 14JO362
Date: 1839-1927
This paper doll was found in the southwest room of the East Building at the Shawnee Indian Mission in Johnson County. The paper doll appears to be dressed in a below the knee skirt, dress, or jacket with ankle-length pants or pantaloons showing beneath it. The Mission was built in 1839 for the Shawnee Tribe and closed in 1862. The life of the building did not end there. During the Civil War troops were quartered in the Mission, and later it saw use as a dance hall, dairy bottling plant, apartments, and a boarding house until becoming property of the state in 1927.


Showing 1 - 2

Copyright © 2007-2020 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.