All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
This is a photograph of St. Fidelis Church in Victoria, Kansas. The church was built to serve the predominantly Catholic Volga-German community that began settling the area about 1875. Construction on the church began in 1908 and was completed in 1911. Known as the "Cathedral of the Plains," the church is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Item Number: 674
Call Number: FK2.E3 , V.71 , Cat.StF , *16
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 674
Built Environment - Function - Religion - Religious Facility - Church
Built Environment - Materials - Stone
Community Life - Religion - Christianity - Catholic
Places - Cities and towns - Victoria
Places - Counties - Ellis