All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
This photograph is a side view of St. Fidelis Church in Victoria, Kansas. The church was built to serve the predominantly Catholic Volga-German community that began settling the area about 1875. Construction on the church began in 1908 and was completed in 1911. It is known as the "Cathedral of the Plains," and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Item Number: 672
Call Number: FK2.E3 , V.7N , Cat.St.F , *7
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 672
Built Environment - Function - Religion - Religious Facility - Church
Built Environment - Materials - Stone
Collections - Photograph
Community Life - Religion - Christianity - Catholic
Community Life - Religion - Places of Worship - Exteriors
Date - 1910s - 1915
Objects and Artifacts - Communication Artifacts - Documentary Artifact - Photograph
People - European Americans - Germans - Volga-Germans
Places - Cities and towns - Victoria
Places - Counties - Ellis
Type of Material - Photographs