Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Grinter Ferry, Wyandotte County, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.

For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

A 1952 drawing of the earliest ferry on the Kansas river. Established in 1831 by Moses Grinter, the Grinter Ferry operated at the Delaware Crossing where the Fort Leavenworth-Fort Gibson road crossed the Kansas river in Wyandotte County, Kansas.

Creator: Kensler, Gordon
Date: 1952

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 515
Call Number: FK2. W7 .512 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 515

Copyright © 2007-2015 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.