Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Buffalo Brick from the Quindaro Site - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This brick, with the word "Buffalo" molded on one side, was recovered from excavations at the Quindaro Townsite, an archaeological district now part of Kansas City, KS. The Buffalo Brick plant of Buffalo, Kansas, was in operation from 1901 to 1966, though they did not begin to manufacture bricks until 1902. As these dates are somewhat later in Quindaro's history it may be that the brick was part of a dumping episode.

Date: 1902-1966

Bookbag Share Print

Buffalo Brick from the Quindaro Site - 1Buffalo Brick from the Quindaro Site - 2

Buffalo Brick from the Quindaro Site - 1

Item Number: 449515
Call Number: 14WY314-263 Feature 23B
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 449515

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.