Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

A photograph of the Arcadia mining camp. Arcadia was originally founded as Hathaway in 1857 a half mile north of the current town. The post office was later moved to the site of a railroad siding in approximately 1876. Arcadia is located on the Kansas and Missouri state line, in Crawford County, and is roughly twenty miles northeast of Pittsburg, Kansas. Photographs include images of a school, churches, street scenes, school basketball team, and mining operations.

Date: 1914-1969

Bookbag Share Print


First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page

Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Stripping OperationsArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Assembly of God Church, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Baptist Church, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Christian Church, Arcadia, KS (1)Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Grade School, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - M. E. Church, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Main Street Scene, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - School Basketball Team, Arcadia, KS, Early 1960sArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Hotel Logan, Arcadia, KSArcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Race Street, Arcadia, KS, 1914Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Christian Church, Arcadia, KS (2)Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Class Photo, Arcadia, KS

Arcadia mining camp, Crawford County, Kansas - Stripping Operations

Item Number: 448103
Call Number: Miners Hall 00006
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 448103

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.