Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Quartermasters' Quarters, Fort Dodge, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This photograph shows the Quartermasters' Quarters at Fort Dodge, Kansas. The military fort was established in 1865 by Captain Henry Pierce, a member of the 11th Kansas Cavalry, to protect the United States mail and emigrant wagon trains on the Santa Fe Trail. The facility was located on the left bank of the Arkansas River on the "Long Route" of the Santa Fe Trail a few miles southeast of present day Dodge City, Kansas.

Date: Between 1878 and 1880

Bookbag Share Print

Quartermasters' Quarters, Fort Dodge, Kansas - 1Quartermasters' Quarters, Fort Dodge, Kansas - 2

Quartermasters' Quarters, Fort Dodge, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 447868
Call Number: FK2.F2 FD.7 *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 447868

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.