Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad depot, Parsons, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This photograph shows the third Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad depot in Parsons, Kansas. The structure was assigned to the Northern Division, KS City Sub Division at milepost 136.8 and located at the Sedalia & Cherokee Sub. Division at milepost 386.6. In later years the structure was reassigned to the Osage Sub Division at milepost 136.8 and the Neosho Sub Division milepost 0.0. The three-story building opened to the public on January 8, 1914. For many years, the facility provided rail service to the community. In February of 1972 the depot was razed.

Creator: Killam, H.
Date: September 05, 1959

Bookbag Share Print

Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad depot, Parsons, Kansas - 1Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad depot, Parsons, Kansas - 2

Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad depot, Parsons, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 446943
Call Number: FK2.L1 P.74 MKT *7
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 446943

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.