Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This flask was recovered from the Fort Scott National Historic Site during excavations conducted there between 1968 through 1972 by Kansas Historical Society Archeologists. The flask was recovered from the area of the Post Headquarters and Ordinance Stores. When Fort Scott was built it was on the western military frontier, but is now located within the city limits of Fort Scott. The fort saw limited military use into the 1870s, and thereafter for non-military uses. This aqua colored flask was manufactured by the Louisville Kentucky Glass Works, who were in operation from 1873 to 1890.

Date: 1873-1890

Bookbag Share Print

Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - 1Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - 2Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - 3Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - 4

Flask from Fort Scott, 14BO302 - 1

Item Number: 443397
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 443397

Copyright © 2007-2018 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.