Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Infantry Insignia from Fort Harker - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These four fragments of a hunting horn insignia were recovered from Fort Harker during the 1996 Kansas Archeology Training Program. They were excavated from the foundation or builder's trench of the Enlisted Barracks. Fort Harker was located adjacent to what was to become the town of Kanopolis in Ellsworth County. Insignia such as this were meant to be worn on a soldier's uniform hat or kepi.

Date: 1867-1872

Bookbag Share Print

Infantry Insignia from Fort Harker - 1Infantry Insignia from Fort Harker - 2

Infantry Insignia from Fort Harker - 1

Item Number: 442293
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 442293

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.