Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This is the original charter for the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company of Dickinson County, Kansas. The corporation charter was filed with the Kansas Secretary of State's Office on July 11, 1889. The directors were: C. B. Hoffman, Enterprise, Kansas; J. W. Breidenthal, Chetopa, Kansas; Mrs. U. A. McOmber, Ottawa, Kansas; James Butler, Palco, Kansas; J. N. Limbocker, Manhattan, Kansas; C. J. Lamb, Kirwin, Kansas; P. B. Maxon, Emporia, Kansas; G. C. Miller, Ellis, Kansas, and G. C. Clemens, Topeka, Kansas. The group provided financial support for a utopian colony on Topolobampo Bay on the Gulf of California in Mexico, which was founded by the Credit Foncier Company of Sinaloa. Christian B. Hoffman was an idealistic banker and mill owner who led a group of Kansas colonists to Topolobampo in 1891. However, he withdrew his involvement in May, 1893, after disagreements with the leader of Credit Foncier, Albert Kimsey Owen.

Creator: Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company
Date: July 11, 1889

Bookbag Share Print

Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - Front coverCharter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - 1Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - 2Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - 3Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - Blank pageCharter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - Back cover

Charter of the Kansas Sinaloa Investment Company, Dickinson County, Kansas - Front cover

Item Number: 440397
Call Number: 70-03-01-01
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 440397

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.