Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Banker's Ink Bottle from Fort Hays - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This clear glass ink bottle once held "BANKERS INK" manufactured in "KANSAS CITY" as is embossed on the side panel. To the embossed panel's left is a sunken panel which most likely once held a paper label. The bottle was recovered in 1966 from excavations at historic Fort Hays in Ellis County by Archeologists from the Kansas Historical Society. The square bottle has an external threaded screw cap finish, making it later than those ink bottle which were closed with a cork.

Date: 1867-1889

Bookbag Share Print

Banker's Ink Bottle from Fort Hays - 1Banker's Ink Bottle from Fort Hays - 2Banker's Ink Bottle from Fort Hays - 3

Banker's Ink Bottle from Fort Hays - 1

Item Number: 439786
Call Number: 14EL301-2548
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 439786

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.