All materials on Kansas Memory are made available for noncommercial educational and research purposes only. It is the patron's responsibility to request and obtain permission from both the image and copyright owner(s) to use materials.
Originally built in the 1860s as a storehouse for the arsenal department, this building was subsequently converted for use as the first General Staff School at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Also visible are trees, a cannon mounted on a carriage, and a cupola with a flag.
Item Number: 406
Call Number: FK2.L3 F.76 CGSS *2
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 406
Built Environment - Function - Defense - Military Facility
Date - 1870s - 1872
Military - Facilities - Forts - Fort Leavenworth
Places - Counties - Leavenworth
Places - Forts and military installations - Fort Leavenworth