Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

G. M. Simcock House, Council Grove, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This photograph shows the stone house built by G.M. Simcock around 1860. Simcock was one of the original organizers and stockholders of the Council Grove Town Company. The back porch was added on in 1868. The house was used as a private residence until 1902. Around 1903, A.J. Marks purchased the building and converted it to a multiple dwelling known as the Marks Flats.

Date: after 1868

Bookbag Share Print

G. M. Simcock House, Council Grove, Kansas - 1G. M. Simcock House, Council Grove, Kansas - 2

G. M. Simcock House, Council Grove, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 316836
Call Number: FK2.M8 C.75 .S *1
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 316836

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.