Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This clear glass bottle was recovered from excavations at the Quindaro Townsite in Wyandotte County. The bottle's embossed lettering proclaims it once came from McDonald's Pharmacy located on Independence and Prospect Aves (Kansas City, Kansas) and once held medicine or pharmaceuticals. More telling are the bottle maker's marks on the bottom of the bottle. There the lettering is DF & CO surrounded by rays. This helps Archeologist's to identify that the bottle was made by wholesale house for druggists' ware of Dean, Foster & Co between 1894 and 1911, post dating the occupation at Quindaro (1857-1863).

Date: 1894-1911

Bookbag Share Print

McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 1McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 2McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 3McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 4McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 5McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 6

McDonald's Pharmacy Bottle - 1

Item Number: 316046
Call Number: 14WY314-756 Fea 5
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 316046

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.