Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These two postcards show Wolfe Hall at the College of the Sisters of Bethany in Topeka, Kansas. The building, located at Ninth and Polk Streets, was completed in 1872 to provide a Episcopalian education to young women from kindergarten to their second year of college. For a number of years classes were taught in the college's main building until a decline in enrollment forced the school to close in 1928. Wolfe Hall was demolished in 1959.

Creator: The Sunhling & Koehn Co., Pub., Chicago
Date: Between 1900 and 1910

Bookbag Share Print

College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - 1College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - 2College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - 3College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - 4

College of the Sisters of Bethany, Topeka, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 310936
Call Number: FK2.S5 T.76 BC *17-18
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 310936

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.