Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

A map drawn by Willie G. Boxberger showing creeks, school houses, churches and quarries of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County. Willie also includes a history of Lincoln township, focusing on German-Russian settlement at the end of the 19th century. This is one of several maps drawn by school children for a contest organized by Judge J. C. Ruppenthal of Russell, Kansas. The maps were to meet a "requirement of presenting historical data, together with excellence and accuracy of drawing."

Creator: Boxberger, Willie G., 1896-1988
Date: 1910

Bookbag Share Print

Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 1Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 2Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 3Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 4Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 5Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 6Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 7Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 8Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 9

Willie G. Boxberger's map of Township 15 South, Range 14 West, Russell County - 1

Item Number: 309837
Call Number: Map Drawer S: Maps and descriptions of historic sites in western Kansas drawn by school children, 1907-1909; Russell Co., T 15 S, R 14 W
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 309837

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.