Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Eureka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

These two black and white photographs show the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Eureka, Kansas. The one-story "prairie and craftsman" style station, designed by ATSF architect E. A. Harrison and chief engineer C.F.W. Felt, features a tile roof with a brick and stucco structure trimmed with decorative wooden corbels. The structure was built in 1917 and served for a number of years as a hub for transportation until passenger service ended in the mid 1950s. The depot was later refurbished and on January 11, 2013, added to the National Register of Historic Places.

Creator: Killam, H.
Date: Between 1964 and 1967

Bookbag Share Print

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Eureka, Kansas - 1Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Eureka, Kansas - 2Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Eureka, Kansas - 3

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Eureka, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 307504
Call Number: FK2.G7 E.74 ATSF *1-2
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 307504

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.