Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Officer's Quarters, Fort Dodge, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Fort Dodge was established in 1865 by Captain Henry Pierce, a member of the 11th Kansas Cavalry. It was located on the left bank of the Arkansas River on the "Long Route" of the Santa Fe Trail a few miles southeast of the present Dodge City. The fort was designed to protect the U.S. mail and emigrant wagon trains on the Santa Fe Trail.

Date: Between January 01, 1865 and December 31, 1867

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 305
Call Number: FK2.F2 FD. *1b
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 305

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.