Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company offices, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

This black and white photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company office building at Ninth and Jackson Streets in Topeka, Kansas. The ten-story structure was built in two sections, the small right wing in 1910 and the larger addition in 1924. The facility housed the company's general offices for a number of years before being purchased in the 1980s by the state of Kansas for office space. On April 15, 1987, Kansas Governor Mike Hayden renamed the building to honor former governor and United Sates Presidential candidate Alfred M. Landon.

Creator: Erb, Don
Date: Between 1940 and 1949

Bookbag Share Print

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company offices, Topeka, Kansas - 1Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company offices, Topeka, Kansas - 2

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company offices, Topeka, Kansas - 1

Item Number: 227471
Call Number: ATSF Series 2, #501.02
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 227471

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.