Kansas MemoryKansas Memory

Kansas Historical SocietyKansas Historical Society

Storeroom at the Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas - Page

To order images and/or obtain permission to use them commercially, please contact the KSHS Reference Desk at reference@kshs.org or 785-272-8681, ext. 117.


For more information see the Copyright and Permission FAQ.

Don Davis and Leonard Woods are shown handling the requests for supplies from other Menninger staff. Dr. C.F. Menninger and his sons, Dr. Karl and Dr. Will, formed a group psychiatry practice in 1919. The Menninger Clinic as a sanitarium was established in 1925 with the purchase of a farm house and admittance of 12 patients. The philosophy was that mental illness could be treated with an integrated medical, psychodynamic, and developmental approach for the total health of patients.

Date: December 1976

Bookbag Share Print

Item Number: 226619
Call Number: Menninger Fdn Photographic Collection, Box 21 #565
KSHS Identifier: DaRT ID: 226619

Copyright © 2007-2017 - Kansas Historical Society - Contact Us
This website was developed in part with funding provided by the Information Network of Kansas.